Connect to wireless network – Windows 8.1
If you are connecting to the RRC wireless network for the first time, refer to Step 1. If you have recently changed your password and can no longer connect to the network, see the Forget wireless network – Windows 8.1 webpage for instructions.
- On the Start screen, click the Desktop tile (if you do not have the Desktop tile on your Start screen, refer to Step 8).
- Click the Network icon in the bottom right‑hand corner of desktop taskbar.
- On the Networks menu, click RRCWireless.
NOTE: If RRCWireless does not appear in your list of available networks, you will have to add it manually. See the Configure wireless network – Windows 8.1 webpage for instructions.
- Since this a network that you trust and will regularly connect to, you can select the Connect automatically check box to enable your device to automatically connect to the RRCWireless network whenever it is within the network’s range.
- Click Connect. If you are using a College‑issued device to log on, the RRCWireless network status will change to “Connected,” and you can begin using the network. If you are using a personal device to log on, you will have to enter your log on credentials, refer to Step 6.
- If you are using a personal device to log on to the RRCWireless network, you will have to enter your College User name and Password, and then click OK. The RRCWireless network status will change to “Connected,” and you can begin using the network.
NOTE: Enter the same User name and Password that you use to access the RRC network.
- If you receive the message, “Windows can’t verify the server’s identity,” click Connect, and you can begin using the network.
NOTE: There are two buttons at the top of the Networks menu, “Wi‑Fi” and “Airplane mode.” Click the Wi‑Fi button to enable/disable the wireless card on your device. Click the Airplane mode button to enable/disable the wireless card on your device and any other radio transmitters, such as Bluetooth. Disabling Wi‑Fi or enabling Airplane mode prevents your device from attempting to connect to any networks and preserves battery life.
- If you do not have the Desktop tile on your Start screen, point to the upper‑ or lower‑right corner of the screen to display the Charms bar.
- Click the Settings charm.
- Click Available on the Settings menu, and then refer to Step 3.