Introduction to Webex Teams
Webex Teams (formerly Spark) is a meeting, messaging, and videoconferencing service for one‑on‑one or team collaboration. It includes file and screen sharing and is available to all students, faculty, and staff at Red River College.
Webex Teams features include the following:
- Integration with Webex Boards and Cisco Telepresence room units (stay tuned for more information to come on these items)
- Persistent chat and collaboration rooms
- Screen sharing and whiteboarding
- On‑demand video or audio meetings
- Meeting scheduling and file sharing
- Integration with other apps, including Webex
Getting started with Webex Teams
You can create secure work areas within Webex Teams to begin collaborating with another person, group, or team. To log on to the web version, click the Webex Teams link to navigate to the log on page, and then refer to the Log on to Webex Teams section. To download the desktop or mobile app, refer to the Download the Webex Teams app section.
- Enter your College user name (followed by @rrc.ca for staff or @academic.rrc.ca for students), and then click Next.
- Enter your College user name (followed by @rrc.ca for staff or @academic.rrc.ca for students), your password, and then click Sign in.
- Click the appropriate link for your device, and then follow the prompts to install the software:
- Once the installation process is complete, refer to the Log on to Webex Teams section for log on instructions.
Webex Teams help and troubleshooting
Refer to the Webex Teams FAQ Help Resources page for additional information and links to help you get the most of Webex Teams.