Information Technology Solutions (ITS) can assist you with activations, upgrades, cancellations, transfers of ownership, instructions if your mobile device is lost or stolen, and recommendations for travelling out of the country with your mobile device.
If you require assistance with your mobile device, please contact the Telecommunications Coordinator by phone at 204‑632‑2591, or by email at email@example.com.
You can scroll through all of the mobile device topics on this page, or click the following links to navigate directly to the area you need help with:
- Activating or upgrading a mobile device
- Cancelling a mobile device contract
- Transferring ownership of a mobile device (personal to College)
- Transferring ownership of a mobile device (College to personal)
- Suspending a lost or stolen mobile device
- Travelling out of the country with your mobile device
- Managing your voice and data plan
To activate a new, or upgrade an existing, mobile device, follow these instructions:
- Complete and sign the Mobile Device Request Form and the Resource Request – Active Sync – Enable Mobile Device Maestro process.
- Submit the completed forms to the Telecommunications Coordinator for processing.
- The Telecommunications Coordinator will notify you when your device is ready for pick up in room F108.
To cancel your mobile device contract, follow these instructions:
- If your contract has expired, you can cancel your service without penalty. Submit a Case Log to indicate that you want to cancel your service and provide your cell number and service cancellation date. ITS will cancel your service for the next billing cycle.
- If your device is still under contract but is no longer required, you can choose from the following three options:
- Redeploy the device to someone in your department who needs a mobile device.
- Cancel the service and pay the contract buyout charges (ITS will confirm the buyout charges).
- If you are leaving the College and want to keep your current phone number (requires budget manager approval), ITS can arrange for a transfer of service to a personal account. ITS can transfer your phone number and the remainder of the contract to a new account at your home address. Each department will determine how to recover the cost of the hardware on an individual basis.
To transfer ownership of your existing personal mobile device to a College corporate account (requires budget manager approval), complete the “Transfer of Service” form you will receive from the vendor and forward it by email to the Telecommunications Coordinator. Once ITS processes your transfer, the following changes will occur:
- Your monthly invoice will change from a consumer to a corporate pricing plan. The vendor will send your monthly invoice directly to ITS.
- ITS will issue payment directly to the vendor.
NOTE: The Telecommunications Coordinator performs monthly reviews of invoices to ensure accuracy and notifies users and vendors of any billing issues.
To transfer ownership of a College‑issued mobile device to a personal account (requires budget manager approval), complete the “Transfer of Service” form you will receive and return it to the Telecommunications Coordinator. Once ITS processes your transfer, the following changes will occur:
- Your monthly invoice will change from a corporate to a consumer pricing plan.
- The College will be responsible for usage and charges until the date that you take personal ownership of the number.
- The vendor will send your monthly invoice directly to your home address.
To suspend a lost or stolen mobile device, follow these instructions:
- Immediately contact the Telecommunications Coordinator. ITS will suspend your service to prevent any unauthorized charges from incurring if your device is found, and used, by a third‑party.
- If you find your mobile device, contact the Telecommunications Coordinator to resume your service.
- If you do not find your mobile device, the Telecommunications Coordinator will help determine your options for resuming service (requires budget manager approval).
If you travel on business with your College‑issued cell phone, it is important to remember that roaming and data charges while travelling are NOT included in your College cell phone plan. This is especially important if your device uses data to automatically sync with your email or use location services.
If you are travelling in areas with an abundance of free Wi‑Fi hotspots, you should access the Internet through these hotspot connections while using data services. If you are required to use your College‑issued device while out of the country, you MUST have ITS add a Data Pass to your wireless device prior to travelling. Obtaining a Data Pass before your trip not only provides you with a less expensive data plan while travelling, but also helps prevent your department from being responsible for any additional charges you incur—these unexpected costs can be substantial!
While travelling, you will receive text messages when you have consumed 50% and 100% of your data and have the opportunity to purchase another Data Pass. The following Data Passes are available depending on the amount of data you will need:
|U.S. Data Passes||International Data Passes||Mexico Data Passes|
|100 MB||15 MB||50 MB|
|225 MB||30 MB||150 MB|
IMPORTANT: Text messages and voice calls are not included in the purchase of a Data Pass and will result in additional roaming charges. Ensure that you contact the Telecommunications Coordinator to add a text and voice plan to your wireless device BEFORE you travel out of the country.
If you are travelling out of the country on College‑related business and require the use of your cell phone, you must submit a Case Log at least two weeks prior to your trip, which includes the following information:
- Where you are travelling to?
- How long you will be out of the country?
- What phone services you will require (e.g., voice, data, text messaging, etc.)?
If you have any questions, please contact the Telecommunications Coordinator.
If you are a College employee and would like more information about your wireless voice and data plan, click the following link to review the PDF: RRC Voice and Data Plan. You also can find a copy of this document stored on Team Sites, under Committees, on the ITS Technical Documentation page.