You may no longer need alerts on files in your SharePoint libraries or items within your SharePoint lists if your team is done working on files in a library or a project is complete. You can delete alerts using either Outlook or SharePoint.
Deleting alerts in Outlook
- On the Home tab, in the Move group, click Rules, and then select Manage Rules & Alerts in the drop‑down menu.
- On the Rules and Alerts menu, click the alert you want to remove to highlight it, click Delete, and then click OK.
- On the Microsoft Outlook message window, click Yes to delete the selected rows.
Deleting alerts in the SharePoint library or list where they were created
- On the Library or List tab where you would like to delete your alerts, in the Share & Track group, click Alert Me, and then select Manage My Alerts in the drop‑down menu.
- Select the check box next to the alert you want to delete, and then click Delete Selected Alerts.
- On the This site says message window, click OK to delete the selected alert.