Case Log is the College’s trouble‑ticket system that allows you to request help and technical support with technology resources at the College.
To create a new Case Log, follow these steps:
- Log on to HUB.
- On your HUB home page, on the Launchpad widget, under Applications, click Case Log.
NOTE: Your HUB page may look different from the example above. Refer to the Customize your HUB home page webpage to change your page layout.
- When Case Log opens, click the New Case Log link on the top menu bar.
- Choose from the following Case Log Urgency categories:
- Normal: Applies to most Case Log concerns.
- Urgent: Your need should be addressed as soon as possible because it is time sensitive, but the scope of the problem is limited.
- Emergency: Your concerns are critical to all College services or operations and are a very high priority. These Case Logs notifications are sent to the managers of the category that you have chosen.
NOTE: Most Case Logs fall under the Normal Case Log Urgency category.
- On the Case Category menu, select the category that best describes your issue (there are different Case Categories for staff and students). Most categories expand to reveal additional category options.
NOTE: Choosing an appropriate category will help ITS to more promptly resolve your Case Log. ITS will redirect incorrectly categorized Case Logs to the area that can best help resolve your issue.
- On the Case Details menu, complete all fields, provide a detailed description, and attach screenshots if applicable.
NOTE: Provide as much detail as possible. The more detail ITS receives, the better able it is to help troubleshoot your concern. Try to include the following information:
- Identify any programs you are using, e.g. Word, Excel, LEARN, etc.
- Provide any other pertinent information, e.g. the browser you are using (Edge, Chrome, Firefox, etc.).
- Provide any relevant links (URLs) to the site, blog, or webpage you are working with.
- Attach screenshots of error messages or unusual onscreen activity. Refer to the Capture screenshots to attach to emails & Case Logs webpage for instructions.
- Click Preview Case at the bottom of the page (refer to the image in Step 6), review your Case Log, and click Cancel to go back and make changes or click Submit if you are satisfied with the information.