Remove Acrobat Serialization
Three cirucmstances that would require you to remove Acrobat serialization:
- You have previously signed in with a personal Adobe ID.
- You must provide a serial number when you open Adobe CC.
- You receive a notification that your Adobe Acrobat DC subscription has expired.
- In your Windows search box, type Software Center, and then click Software Center.
- Under Applications, locate and click on Remove Acrobat serialization.
- Click Install.
NOTE: If the Reinstall button displays, this process was previously installed. Please proceed to Step 4.
- When complete, close out of Software Center with the “x” at the top right-hand corner.
- Adobe should open immediately.
NOTE: If Adobe does not open, you may have previously signed on to Adobe with a personal Adobe ID and must sign out.
Sign out of your personal Adobe ID
- Click the icon on the upper right-hand side, and then click Sign Out.
- Click Sign out.
Sign in with your College Enterprise Adobe ID
- In your Windows search box, type Adobe, and then click Adobe Acrobat DC.
- Click the icon on the upper right-hand side, and then click Sign In.
- Click Sign In Now.
- Enter your College user name followed by @rrc.ca, and then click Continue to redirect to the College sign in menu.
- Enter your College user name followed by @rrc.ca, enter your password, and then click Sign in.
NOTE: If the Enterprise ID Sign in page, above, does not open, return to Step 4, click Sign in with an Enterprise ID, and then follow the steps once again.
- Click Continue.
Your Adobe Creative Cloud is now licensed.
IMPORTANT: If the previous instructions did not resolve the issue, please see the ITS Service Desk webpage to submit a support request.