You must inform Immigration and Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) every time you change a post-secondary school.
Please have following information ready before you start the process:
- Copy of your current study permit
- Red River College Designated Learning Institution (DLI) number: O19305836302. Please note that DLI# begins with the letter “O”.
- Letter of Acceptance from the previousinstitute
- Letter of Acceptance from Red River College
- Create/Login to your MyCIC account.
- Find/link “Students: Transfer schools” under “Start an application”
- Enter your application number and click “Search for my application”. You can find your application number from the top right corner of your study permit.
- Complete the information that asked on “Tell us about the application” page.
- Click on “Search for my application”.
- Enter RRC’s DLI number (O19305836302), your Student ID and the RRC Start Date.
- Click on Submit transfer
- It’s recommended to take a screenshot of the submission confirmation with the date shown on your computer as there will not be a confirmation email send out from IRCC.
Frequently Asked Questions
When trying to link the application to the online account, it says there are no matches. What can I do?
The method shown above is the only one way to transfer your DLI number. If you are unable to locate your application, you may try below approaches.
- You must answer the questions exactly as you did on the application form. IRCC can only link the application to your account if the information you provided matches your application.
- left a field blank on your application form, leave it blank in the fields below.
- have updated any information about your application after you first submitted it, enter the most recent information.
- If you are still experiencing difficulties, please write to IRCC using the IRCC Web formand choose Technical difficultieslocated in the drop downmenu under the heading Enquiry. Also add the following information:
- All the answers provided while trying to link your application. To do this:
- once on that page and after entering all your answers, provide us with screen shots.
- Any error messages. To do this, provide us with screen shotsshowing the full browser window, including the website address field of the:
- page preceding the error, and
- error message.
Disclaimer:This document was prepared by a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) in compliance with the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. This is not a legal document. Immigration laws and procedures change frequently, and so the information may have changed since this document was prepared. Please always refer to IRCC website for the most up-to-date information, or contact Red River College Immigration and Student Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org. This document was prepared on July 24, 2018.