Materials Handling 4.0
Free Online Course
Get job-ready skills to prepare for a career in warehouses or distribution centres. Are you ready to prepare for in-demand career opportunities in warehousing and distribution? This six-week program will enhance your soft skills and earn you a micro-certification that employers are looking for. Plus, the two-week paid placement with a local business will help build hands-on skills.
What You’ll Learn
- The supply chain logistics environment
- Using technology in the material handling workplace
- Product receiving, storage, packing and shipping
- Important 21st-century workplace skills that employers are looking for
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Unemployed or working less than 20-hours per week
- Not enrolled in full-time education
- 18 years of age or older
- Delivery: Online and Virtual
- 6 weeks training
- Two weeks paid work placement
- Start Date: September 20
- Days & Times: TBD
- Access to RRC student supports including Indigenous supports
- Opportunity available for child care support
This course of study is designed to support direct pathways into employment in the field. Learners will earn micro-certifications to demonstrate their workplace readiness.
“Material Handling 4.0: Building Pathways to Employment for Disadvantaged Groups, Pan-Canadian Initiative” is funded by the Government of Canada under the Future Skills program.