Indigenous Education Exploration Fair Prizes
By attending the Indigenous Education Exploration Fair, you’ll be automatically entered to win a brand-new laptop! We’ll also have a scavenger hunt where you can play to win prizes including Apple AirPods, RRC Swag and more.
No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
This contest is open to all legal residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence as of the date of entry. Employees of Red River College and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter. Contest participants must graduate high school by 2023 and proceed sequentially into a full-time program at Red River College. If participants have already graduated from high school, they must enter a full-time program at Red River College in the 2021-2022 or 2022-2023 academic year. Current students enrolled in a full-time Certificate, Advanced Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, or Degree program at Red River College are not eligible to enter. This contest is void where prohibited.
Please read these rules before entering the online contest. By participating in the contest, you agree to be bound by these Rules and represent that you satisfy all the requirements below.
No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
- Eligibility: This contest is open to all legal residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence as of the date of entry. Employees of Red River College and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter. This contest is void where prohibited.
- How to Enter: No purchase necessary. To be eligible to win the prize, entries must be completed and received in the format designated below.
All entry information, including the identity of the participant, is subject to verification. By entering the contest, the participant consents to share personal information with Red River College for the purposes of administering the contest and consents to receive email communications from the College in relation to academic programs, news and events.
To enter the contest, register and attend the Indigenous Education Exploration Fair on Wednesday, March 17. Limit one entry per person.
- Odds of Winning: Odds of winning the prize is dependent on the total number of entries received.
- Time Frame: The contest opens at 9:00 a.m. CST Wednesday, February 18th, 2021 and closes at 8:00 p.m. CST Wednesday, March 17th, 2021. No entries submitted after the close of the contest will be accepted.
- Prize: A gift card for a brand-new laptop.
- Winner Selection and Notification: The winner will be selected by draw by an employee of Red River College at 2:00 p.m. CST Thursday, March 18th, 2021 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, and must correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question in order to redeem the prize. If the winner is unable to answer the skill-testing question, they will be unable to claim the prize and a new winner will be chosen using the same method, excluding all previous winners. The winner will be notified within approximately (1) business day of the selection via either email or telephone. The prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner if: (a) two (2) attempts to contact the winner by phone and/or e-mail within 24 hours are not successful; (2) if required by the contest organizer, any declaration and release forms are not signed and returned within the state time period. The contest organizer reserves the right to cancel the contest if there are no entries received by 8:00 p.m., 2021 CST, Wednesday, March 17th, 2021.
- Awarding of the Prize: The winner may be asked to present photo identification as verification to claim the prize. Any federal, provincial, or local taxes associated with the receipt or use of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of the prize will be permitted, except that the contest organizer reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. The prize is awarded “as is” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied. Where disclosed, currency is in Canadian dollars unless otherwise stipulated.
- Declaration of Release: By participating in this contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Red River College, and any of its officers, directors, representatives, agents, and employees, from any and all liability from injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in this contest, any breach of these contest rules, or in any prize-related activity. Each entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Released Parties from any and all claims by third parties relating to the contest, without limitation.
- Release for Promotional Purposes: Entrance into this contest constitutes permission for Red River College to use the winner’s name, city and provinces/territories of residence and likenesses for purposes of advertising and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification, or permission, unless prohibited by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering the contest, participants agree to accept these official rules and any decisions of the contest organizer, which shall be final in all matters. By entering the contest, participants release the contest organizer from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the contest or delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize. The contest organizer assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure, or for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, or computer transmission during the contest period. The contest organizer reserves the right to disqualify any person enters the contest or tries to do so by any means contrary to these rules or which would be unfair to other entrants.
- Contest Organizer: Red River College, 2055 Notre Dame Ave, Winnipeg, MB R3H 0J9.