About the Award
The Peace Award honours the courage, strength and determination of students who were forced to flee their homes under threat of persecution, conflict and violence and have shown perseverance in reaching their educational goals, while overcoming challenges and adapting to a new life in Canada.
Two $1,000 awards are presented annually to current students in full-time career programs who entered Canada as refugees or refugee claimants.
- Must be a RRC student in a full-time career program
- Must have immigrated to Canada as a refugees/refugee claimant*
- Must be in good academic standing with their program and RRC, and provide a letter of reference from their program
- Must submit a minimum of a 1,000 word essay discussing:
- Their adjustment and experience to living and learning in Canada
- Why they decided to study their current program at RRC
- How the Peace Award will help them succeed in reaching their education, career and life goals
All applications must be submitted by February 15.
All submissions will be evaluated by a panel and the successful applicants will be notified directly.