Red River College is pleased to welcome the Student Refugee Program (SRP) through World University Service of Canada (WUSC) on our campuses. This program sponsors a student in refugee camp to come to Canada to pursue post-secondary education at the College and share this experience of going from Camp to Campus with the College community.
The program supports the student in this journey to settle in Manitoba and study at the College while at the same time promotes on-campus opportunities for global citizenship for all staff and students.
Change the World Through Education
On campuses across Canada, RRC students, staff and faculty are the heart and soul of WUSC and the Student Refugee Program. You play a vital role in helping accomplish goals to promote volunteerism, welcome students from abroad and foster global citizenship.
What is a Local Committee?
Active on more than 80 college and university campuses, Local Committees make up the largest network of student groups of its kind in Canada.
A Local Committee is a campus-based group of students, faculty and staff and community advisors who share the belief in the power of education to change the world. Local committees exist to promote global understanding and cooperation and increase understanding of international development issues on campus and in the community.
What do they do?
As a Local Committee member, you join with others to create change on your campus and in your community by:
- Sponsoring student refugees to pursue their studies on Canadian campuses.
- Take part in local committee meetings and participate in events and program support related activities.
- Participate in opportunities to build leadership development skills.
- Connect and build student networks with local and national post-secondary institutions.
- Educating and advocating for social change and global citizenship through activities and events designed to engage the college community.
Are you interested in becoming an RRC Local Committee member? If so please contact:
Lauren Konrad, Student Integration Coordinator
Complete the online registration: