Office 365 and 2016 access and products
Note: The following tutorial is for Mac and Windows users.
All Red River College students have access to Office 365 and Office 2016 and can choose whether to use one or the other, or both.
The Microsoft suite of products includes: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneDrive and OneNote.
The difference between Office 365 and 2016
Office 365 is the Microsoft suite of products used via browser. An internet connection is required to use Office 365. Documents created with Office 365 are saved to your OneDrive storage and can be downloaded to your laptop.
Office 2016 is the same suite of Microsoft products, but installed locally on your computer or mobile device.
How to use Office 365 and install Office 2016
- Go to www.rrc.ca and select LOG IN in the top right corner of the webpage.
- Enter your college username and password and click Login.
- Under Applications select Office 365.
- On the Microsoft Sign in page enter your college email address and select Next.
Note: your email address will always be: firstname.lastname@example.org (not @rrc.ca).
- On the next screen enter your college email address and password and select Sign in.
- Once on the Microsoft Office 365 landing page click on any of the application icons under the Apps header to create a document. Note: Documents created with Office 365 are saved to your OneDrive storage and can also be downloaded to your laptop.
- How to Install Office 2016
From the Microsoft landing page click on the Install Office apps drop down on the right side of the webpage, then choose the Office 2016 option and follow the Just a few more steps…instructions.
For more information about Office 365 and OneDrive storage visit Information Technology Solutions’ Help Resources section.
Reminder: Your College Email Address
As seen in the image below, within some applications and some places on Red River College’s website, your email address may appear as “email@example.com” instead of “firstname.lastname@example.org“.
Remember when signing into any college application with your college email address, you will always need to use “@academic.rrc.ca“.
If you have questions about this tutorial please contact Meagan Radford at email@example.com or the help desk staff in W508 – located in William building in The Roblin Centre.