Microsoft Office 365/2019 Installation
All Red River College students have access to Office 365 and Office 2019 and can choose whether to use one or the other, or both.
The Microsoft suite of products includes: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, OneDrive and OneNote.
The difference between Office 365 and 2019
Office 365 is the Microsoft suite of products used via browser. An internet connection is required to use Office 365. Documents created with Office 365 are saved to your OneDrive storage and can be downloaded to your laptop.
Office 2019 is the same suite of Microsoft products, but installed locally on your computer or mobile device.
How to use Office 365
- Go to www.rrc.ca and select LOG IN in the top right corner of the webpage.
- Enter your college username and password and click Login.
- Under Applications select Office 365.
- On the Microsoft Sign in page enter your college email address and select Next.
Note: your email address will always be: email@example.com (not @rrc.ca).
- On the next screen enter your college email address and password and select Sign in.
Remember: your college email address as: firstname.lastname@example.org, not: email@example.com.
- Once on the Microsoft Office 365 landing page click on any of the application icons under the Apps header to create a document. Note: Documents created with Office 365 are saved to your OneDrive storage and can also be downloaded to your laptop.
How to Install Office 2019
- From the Microsoft landing page, as seen in the above image, click on the Install Office drop down on the right side of the webpage, then choose the Office 365 apps and follow the Just a few more steps…instructions.
For more information about Office 365 and OneDrive storage visit Information Technology Solutions’ Help Resources section.