Sherpa Marketing is one of Canada’s leading technology driven marketing services companies. Our full-service approach allows our experienced guides to lead Sherpa’s customers through needs analysis to strategy development and to the execution of tactics that drive client success.
Your gregarious nature means you are the type of person that people want to be around. Your love of pop-culture and design in general will make a great fit with Sherpa’s culture. You have a keen understanding of the use and application of technology as it pertains to delivering high quality design.
We offer a collaborative, open-concept work environment – sorry, no hiding in a cubicle here. We have a team of designers and staff that are both eager to share their knowledge and learn new skills from you, with projects ranging from small-scale “quickies” to large-scale branding and rollout.
A burning desire to do the best you can within established parameters is a key attribute of all successful Sherpas.
Job Summary & Scope
Reporting to the Art Director, you will work collaboratively with other members of the Sherpa team to create and deliver high quality brand/print/web/mobile/video and application user experiences.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Designing, testing, documenting and deploying high performance creative that drives ROI for Sherpa’s clients using a variety of tools and techniques
- Working independently
- Ensuring projects meets company standards
- Deliver tasks within given deadlines and budgets
- Execute graphic design and production responsibilities in a matter that is both professional and accurate, while adhering to the graphic standards of our clients.
- Work directly on design projects through conception, creation and production creating print and online marketing materials.
- Work on projects that require advanced layout skills and file preparation with a very high degree of accuracy.
- Provide support to other graphic designers on collaborative projects.
- Great portfolio of work
- Excellent communication, time management, troubleshooting, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Diligence and commitment to Quality Assurance and self-assessment of your own work
- User Experience/User Interface Design for Web/Apps
- Strong typography skills
- A conscientious, hard-working, team-oriented player – we’re a very collaborative
environment, and there’s no room for big egos or showboats.
- A detail oriented multi-tasker with the ability to switch hats as required
- A problem solver, with the initiative to find new solutions without being asked
- A level-headed approach to work that can operate under pressure and meet deadlines
- Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Adobe Premiere, After Effects
- Cinema 4D
- HTML, CSS, WordPress
Other Duties as Required
- Employees are expected to help fill any gaps in work as each person’s capabilities allow.
- Occasional travel may be required
Education, Skills and Experience
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in graphic design/digital media
- Flexibility to adapt to a fast-paced, deadline oriented work environment
- Ability to work under pressure, and quickly assimilate large quantities of information
- An optimistic attitude and a willingness to learn
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and team skills
- A thorough understanding of the creative process
Please submit your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org