Jump to a topic:
- Student Service Centre
- Prospective Students (Submission Deadline for Admission Requirements, Academic Assessments for Admission, English Language Assessments for Admission)
- Current Students (Student Photo ID, Parking, Peggo Cards Tuition Payments, Locker Items, Toolbox Pickup, Book and Course Material, Textbook Returns to Campus Store, Academic Success Centre, Fitness Centres, Students in Residence, RRC Students’ Association, Library Services, On-Campus Spaces for Online Learning)
- International Students
- Graduating Students (Program Completion/Graduation, Ordering Transcripts and Confirmations of Enrolment)
RRC is making every effort to ensure the services and supports our students depend on are available, but realize there are some impacts. The Student Service Centre at our Notre Dame Campus will be open Monday to Thursday from 8 am to 4 pm, and Fridays 9 am to 4 pm to serve students who are scheduled to be on campus. If you have any questions about student services, including your student ID, document submission, etc.:
- Call 204-632-2327 or 1-800-903-7707 (full-time programs)
- Call 204-694-1789 or 1-866-242-7073 (Continuing Education students)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Deadline for Admission Requirements
The submission deadline for admission requirements is normally 30 days from the date of application. At this time, we are providing applicants with a 30-day extension. For example, if you applied on March 1, your original deadline was March 31, but you will now have until April 30 to complete your requirements and submit your documents. The quickest and easiest way to submit your document(s) is through your online application account at rrc.ca/apply. Mailing is also an option:
Student Service Centre D105 – 2055 Notre Dame Avenue Winnipeg, MB R3H 0J9
Academic Assessments for Admission
All in-person assessments have been cancelled until further notice. However, we won’t cancel your application if you can’t complete an assessment due to RRC’s campus closure. Please visit rrc.ca/assessment on a regular basis for updates about future in-person assessments and online options.
English Language Assessments for Admission
All in-person assessments have been cancelled until further notice. However, we won’t cancel your application if you can’t complete an assessment due to RRC’s campus closure. Please visit rrc.ca/assessment on a regular basis for updates about future in-person assessments, online options, and other ways to complete the English Language Proficiency Requirement. To review your program’s language requirements and potential assessors, visit rrc.ca/catalogue. Find your program and click on the English Language Assessments tab.
Photo ID Cards
Photo ID cards are available at the Student Service Centres or by uploading a photograph of yourself to your Student Self-Serve account for processing. Photo ID Cards are required for identification purposes, accessing College services such as fitness centres or computer labs, borrowing materials, and writing exams. Requirements for the Photo ID Card upload option:
- You must be a currently admitted student
- The photo you upload must be a passport-style photograph:
- The focus must be clear and sharp
- Your eyes should be open and clearly visible
- The lighting should be even, with no shadows, glare, or flash reflections
- Your face and shoulders must face the camera straight-on, and be centered and squared
- The background should be plain white or light-coloured
- Your photo must be an original that has not been altered in any way or cropped from an existing photo
- Photos must be submitted in JPEG format, 5 MB max
- You will need to provide proof of identity in the form of government-issued identification when you pick up your Photo ID Card.
As of August 31, 2020, RRC is moving towards a scramble parking plan at the Notre Dame Campus. This means there will no longer be assigned parking stalls, and students do not need to hang their parking permit from their rear-view mirror (we ask that you hold onto your permit for now). The rates for parking remain the same as they were prior to COVID-19. All students who choose to drive to campus have new, flexible options to pay for parking:
- Pay for daily or hourly parking via the PayByPhone app (available for free download on your smart phone)
- Pay for daily or hourly parking on-site using the parking meters.
- Purchase monthly at our new online portal.
Parking will be available in the following lots at NDC: North 2 (2N on map), South, and East. Please see parking map for parking lot locations. We will continue to provide updates via Student News, emails, web and social media updates. Please get in touch with any concerns, questions or suggestions at email@example.com. Parking attendants will be on-hand in the commissionaire booth at NDC’s South Lot to answer any questions and provide support. For more information, including a step-by-step guide to paying for parking, please visit rrc.ca/parking.
If you have an issue with your Winnipeg Transit Post Secondary Peggo Card, please visit the RRCSA website and fill out the online form. This information will be sent directly to the store staff who will evaluate the Peggo Card issue and respond to the student accordingly.
The College offers several ways to pay tuition, including online, by mail, by phone and direct banking. If you are not able to pay your tuition on the due date as a result of financial difficulties due to COVID-19, please call the Student Service Centre.
Books and Course Material
While the Campus Store and Print Shoppe’s bricks and mortar operations are closed, the Campus Store has staff onsite to ensure that all students have their required course materials. During this time, all course materials will only be available via web orders. The average turn-around time on a web order is 3 to 5 business days within the province of Manitoba. Visit the Campus Store website to place an order. As of September 1, we are extending our web order pick-up schedule for NDC and the Roblin Centre.
- NDC: August 31 to September 11, Monday to Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Roblin Centre: September 1 to September 11, Tuesday to Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
We will continue to monitor the customer traffic and extend or revise the hours as required after the next two weeks.
Textbook Returns to Campus Store
If you purchased a textbook for a course that has since been officially cancelled due to the COVID-19 outbreak, or rented a textbook and need to return it to the Campus Store:
- Email the Campus Store at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In your email, please provide:
- Your full name
- Your student number
- Your current home address
- A scanned copy or picture of your receipt, or the web order number from the original order
- We will email you a Canada Post mailing label that allows you to send us the book, postage paid
- Print the label and attach it to the outside of the package containing your return
- Mail your book back to us within 14 days of receiving the Canada Post mailing label
- If a refund is due, we will also send you a form to fill out for direct deposit of the refund
To qualify for a refund, you must have purchased the textbook before your course was officially cancelled. New books returned for a refund must be in like-new condition. Please allow 8 weeks for the refund to be processed. If you do not want direct deposit, Campus Store will mail a cheque to your current address. To update your address, please contact email@example.com.
The fitness facilities at both the Notre Dame Campus and Exchange District Campus are closed at this time.
Students in Residence
RRC has not asked students to leave our residence. Our residence is small (about 100 students), and we have been working with each student to develop individual plans during this unprecedented time. We are able to meet social distancing directives in our residence, so a flexible policy supports those students who decide to leave and those students who are unable to travel home at this time. We don’t want any of our students to be without a place to live. For specific questions regarding your insurance plan, please visit the provider’s website.
RRC Students’ Association
RRCSA staff continue to work to respond to student needs. The best way to connect with student leaders and RRCSA staff is through their website.
While the Library’s physical doors are closed, the online service desk (chat and email) is still up and running during regular hours. Simply visit library.rrc.ca and click on the Ask Us button or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. As always, the Library’s digital collections (e-books, e-journals, streaming videos) continue to be available 24/7 through OneSearch.
On-campus spaces for online learning
Spaces at our Notre Dame Campus, Exchange District Campus, and some regional campuses have been designated for students who require a reliable high-speed internet connection, or need a dedicated space to study and/or learn online. Learn more ›
Visit the International Education website for important information about Fall 2020 programs, guidelines, supports and resources.
Program Completion (Graduation)
Red River College is committed to ensuring students graduate from their program. Program completion timelines may be extended. Please contact your program Coordinator/Chair for more information.
Ordering Transcripts and Confirmations of Enrolment
Transcripts and confirmations of enrolment can be ordered by calling 204-632-2327 or 1-800-903-7707 (full-time programs) or 204-694-1789 or 1-866-242-7073 (Continuing Education), or by mailing a completed document request form to:
RRC Student Service Centre Notre Dame Campus, D101-2055 Notre Dame Avenue Winnipeg MB R3H 0J9
Or fax 204-697-0584.