Looking Ahead: A message from our Interim President & CEO
On Friday, May 8, Dr. Christine Watson discussed scenario planning for the future, and re-affirmed how the safety of our College community remains our top priority.
Guest post by RRC student, Stuart Maddocks
The COVID-19 pandemic was one of the hardest experiences I have faced as a student. It disrupted my routine of having to leave my home to sit in a classroom with my friends and classmates. Additionally, being at home made me more distracted than I would be in the classroom. To overcome these challenges, I had a few strategies to help me get through the rest of my program. Here are some highlights of the methods I used to complete my final year as a Red River College Library and Information Technology student.
Students: What skills will be in high demand after the pandemic?
You might be thinking of ways to improve your professional self while we are on lockdown due to COVID-19. But which skills should you prioritize?
Bernard Marr, Contributor with Forbes.com, highlights 8 job skills that are likely to be in high demand in a post-coronavirus world:
For more information and employment resources, visit Student Employment Services at rrc.ca/ses. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a virtual meeting with an Employment Advisor for assistance with your job search!
Wellbeing for the Week
Brought to you by RRC’s Recreation Services.
- Monday: Try out our Fantastic Lifestyle Checklist, a self-assessment tool that can direct you to info and resources for improving your health.
- Tuesday: It’s Nursing Week — thank a nurse you know for their service during COVID-19.
- Wednesday: Try a no-equipment workout.
- Thursday: Submit your Walk, Ride, Run results to Recreation Services.
- Friday: Decompress for the long weekend by joining our online yoga class.