Red River College has been advised that three members of our community tested positive for COVID-19. These cases are unrelated and not a result of transmission on campus.
We wish them, and everyone else at the College affected by this virus a quick recovery.
Due to the stringent safety measures we have in place, Public Health considers these cases low risk. At this time, we can share the following information:
- The first case involves an individual at the Notre Dame Campus and the last time they were on campus was November 13th.
- Their activity was limited to one area of the College and they were following all the appropriate safety protocols.
- The second and third cases involve two individuals at the Exchange District Campus, and the last time they were on campus was November 10th, and November 13th – respectively.
- Each of their activity was limited to one area of the College and they were following the appropriate safety protocols.
- Everyone connected to each case has been contacted by the College. They have all been advised to follow Public Health advice to self-monitor or self-isolate, and have been instructed to contact the Health Centre should their condition change.
- Deep cleaning and disinfection protocols have been implemented in the affected spaces.
If you have not heard from the College, you are not connected to this case. Both campuses remain open and no other programs or services are impacted. We will continue to work with Public Health in support of their ongoing investigation.
We want to urge all staff and students to continue following the advice of public health advice at all times – on and off campus – to help limit the spread of the virus. For more information on the fundamentals and best practices, please click here.
For more important information on our protocols if you or someone in your household is experiencing symptoms, please click here.
Thank you for continuing to do your part to keep each other safe.
Updates, if required, will be provided via email and will be shared online at rrc.ca/coronavirus