RRC Polytech currently operates under the Green: Limited Risk level of our operational response to COVID-19.
This fall has brought an increase in many variations of respiratory illness, including several new strains of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) circulating. As a result, there has been an increase of absenteeism at the College which is reflective of what is occurring in the community.
We are continuing to monitor the response in the community and follow all public health guidance and advice. Representatives from the College met with Manitoba Public Health to review our current measures. Precautions such as handwashing, using sanitizer and staying home when sick continue to be critical in preventing spread of illness.
As we move through the fall it is important to remind ourselves of the current measures on campus:
- All RRC Polytech staff and students must self-screen before arriving on campus.
- Staff and students must stay home when sick. Please use your sick day(s) to rest and take care of yourself. In the event you are medically able to work from home, please work closely with your manager to discuss an appropriate plan. Please do not report to the Health Centre if you have symptoms of a respiratory infection – go home immediately if symptoms develop while you are on campus.
- Should you test positive for COVID-19, please follow current Public Health recommendations, which includes self-isolation for 5 days after your symptoms start. You may return to campus after 5 days if you are feeling better, and do not have new or worsening symptoms.
- Should you experience respiratory illness, stay home and isolate until you no longer have a fever and your symptoms have been improving for at least 24 hours.
- Sanitizer is available throughout our campuses. Regular handwashing and sanitizing, especially after using high touch areas, helps to prevent the spread of bacteria. Please use the sanitizer as you enter buildings.
- There is no change in our mask policy. Masks remain optional and we support individual choice on use of masks on-campus.
- All staff and students, who are able, are encouraged to receive their COVID-19 vaccines and booster shots. RRC Polytech allows staff up to three hours of medical leave to receive their vaccines or booster shots, or to accompany a family member to receive their vaccines and boosters.
- As we are in the annual cold and flu season, we encourage everyone to get their flu shot as soon as possible. There are limited doses of the flu shot available at the Health Centre, please email HealthServices@rrc.ca to book an appointment.
A reminder that QDOC is a virtual medical service that is available for staff, students, and faculty. You can book a virtual appointment by clicking using the following link https://qdoc.ca/
Public Health encourages everyone to have some rapid tests at home if they develop symptoms and must test. Rapid Antigen Test kits are free of charge and available at many locations across the province. RRC Polytech has a limited amount of test kits available that can be ordered through Procurement.
Thank you for your continued commitment in helping keep RRC Polytech campuses safe places to study and work. We will continue to provide updates regarding and changes to health measures at RRC Polytech as needed.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.