The following message was sent to all Red River College faculty and staff this morning from Melanie Gudmundson, Chief Human Resources Officer:
Red River College was advised this weekend that a member of our community has tested positive for COVID-19. We wish them, and everyone else at the College affected by this virus a quick recovery.
Due to the stringent safety measures in place, Public Health considers this case low risk. At this time, we can share the following information:
- This case involves an individual at the Exchange District Campus (EDC). This individual was on-campus on May 12th and again on May 17th. They were symptomatic on May 17th. We have included both dates as the individual was considered contagious during this time.
- Their activity was limited to one area of the College, and they were wearing all of the appropriate PPE, properly sanitizing and physically distancing while on-campus.
- Public Health has advised that there are no close contacts with this case as the appropriate PPE was in use at all times.
- All those who may be connected to the case have been contacted and advised to self-monitor and have been instructed to contact the Health Centre should their condition change.
- Regular cleaning and disinfection protocols have been completed to the affected space and surrounding areas.
EDC remains open and no programs or services are impacted.
With the increase in the number of positive COVID-19 cases within the community, it is more important than ever that all staff and students continue to stay home when they, or anyone in their household is not feeling well or experiencing any symptoms.
Our protocols are designed to protect the College community, and we will work with you to provide support if you must miss class or work because you are feeling unwell. We must all work together to stop the spread of the virus within our community and protect one another. For more information on the fundamentals and best practices, please click here.
Thank you for continuing to do your part to keep each other safe.
Updates, if required, will be provided via email and will be shared online at rrc.ca/coronavirus