The following message was sent to all Red River College students, faculty and staff this evening from Melanie Gudmundson, Chief Human Resources Officer:
Red River College was advised this weekend that two members of our community have tested positive for COVID-19. These cases are unrelated and not a result of transmission on campus. We wish them, and everyone else at the College affected by this virus a quick recovery.
At this time, we can share the following information:
- The first case involves an individual at the Red River College Early Childhood Centre at Notre Dame Campus (NDC). The last time they were on campus was Tuesday May 4th. They were asymptomatic at the time.
- Their activity was limited to the childcare centre and they were following all of the appropriate safety protocols.
- Everyone connected to this case has been contacted and the daycare has been advised to follow Public Health advice to self-monitor or self-isolate.
- The daycare has advised the College that, as a result of this case, they will temporarily close and remain closed until they receive further instructions from Public Health.
- Regular cleaning and disinfection protocols are scheduled for the affected space and surrounding areas.
- NDC remains open and no programs or services are impacted.
- Red River College does not typically provide specific details on the location of cases due to privacy, however, school and child care centre exposures are publicized as part of Public Health’s reporting on COVID-19. All families were notified by the daycare prior to RRC sharing this update on their behalf to the College community.
- The second case involves an individual at Exchange District Campus (EDC). The last time they were on campus was Tuesday, May 4th. They were asymptomatic at the time.
- Their activity was limited to one area of the College.
- Everyone connected to the cases has been contacted by the College. They have been advised to follow Public Health advice to self-monitor or self-isolate and have been instructed to contact the Health Centre should their condition change.
- Regular cleaning and disinfection protocols are scheduled in the affected spaces and surrounding areas.
- EDC remains open and no other programs or services are impacted.
We want to remind all staff and students to stay home when they, or anyone in their household is not feeling well or experiencing any symptoms. With the increasing transmission of variants of concern in our community, it is more important than ever that we continue to follow the health and safety protocols we have in place. They are designed to protect the College community, and we will work with you to provide support if you must miss class or work because you are feeling unwell. We must all work together to stop the spread of the virus within our community and protect one another.
For more important information on our protocols if you or someone in your household is experiencing symptoms, please click here.
Thank you for continuing to do your part to keep each other safe.
Updates, if required, will be provided via email and will be shared online at rrc.ca/coronavirus