Today, the province announced expanded community-based eligibility criteria. Vaccine eligibility is expanding to include all adults aged 18 and older who live or work in specified jobs in the Winnipeg communities of River East South, St. Vital North and Seven Oaks East.
Eligible jobs in these communities include:
- kindergarten to Grade 12 schools;
- child-care providers;
- food-processing facilities;
- grocery or convenience stores;
- gas stations;
- public health inspectors or workplace safety and health officers; or
- anywhere that serves food (e.g. restaurants or food banks).
Read the full release here.
- In total, there are 14 communities with expanded eligibility criteria including:
Prairie Mountain Health – Brandon East End and Brandon Downtown;
- Winnipeg Regional Health Authority – Inkster West, Fort Garry South, Seven Oaks West, Downtown East, Point Douglas South, Inkster East, Point Douglas North and Downtown West; and
- Interlake–Eastern Regional Health Authority – Powerview-Pine Falls.
Learn more about the current eligibility criteria and book your COVID-19 appointment here.