The following message was sent to all Red River College students, faculty and staff this afternoon from Melanie Gudmundson, Chief Human Resources Officer:
Red River College was advised today that a member of our community has tested positive for COVID-19. We wish them, and everyone else at the College affected by this virus a quick recovery.
At this time, we can share the following information:
- The case involves an individual at the Notre Dame Campus. The last time they were on campus was Tuesday, April 6, 2021.
- The individual was symptomatic while on campus.
- Their activity was limited to one area of the College and they were wearing the appropriate PPE.
- All close contacts at the College connected to this case have been contacted by the Health Centre. They have been advised to self-monitor or self-isolate until they are contacted by Public Health. Should their condition change, they have been instructed to update the Health Centre.
- In addition to the identified close contacts on-campus, we are in the process of contacting everyone who may have been connected to this space. We will issue an update as soon as this process is complete.
- Regular cleaning and disinfection protocols have been completed in the space and surrounding areas. Additional deep cleaning and disinfection protocols have been scheduled as a precautionary measure.
- NDC remains open and no programs or services are impacted.
As part of our evolving response to COVID-19 to keep the College community safe, we are continuing to adapt our response due to the risks associated with the known variants of concern. Public Health continues to advise that variants of concerns have a higher level of transmission and as a result following the fundamentals continue to be a critical step in protecting the College community.
Staff and students are reminded to stay home when they, or anyone in their household is not feeling well or experiencing any symptoms. This is especially important as allergy season is impacting many seasonal sufferers and the symptoms can be similar to those of COVID-19.
Our protocols are designed to protect the College community, and we will work with you to provide support if you must miss class or work because you are feeling unwell. We must all work together to stop the spread of the virus within our community and protect one another.
Please continue to follow the advice from public health in order to limit the spread of the virus. For more information on the fundamentals and best practices, please click here.
Thank you for continuing to do your part to keep each other safe.
Updates, as required, will be provided via email and will be shared online at rrc.ca/coronavirus