Today, Red River College was advised that two members of our community tested positive for COVID-19. These cases are unrelated and not a result of transmission on campus. We wish them, and everyone else at the College affected by this virus a quick recovery.
Due to the stringent safety measures we have in place, both cases are considered low risk. As of today, none of our reported cases are the result of transmission on campus.
At this time, we can share the following information:
- Both individuals were asymptomatic and the last time they were on campus was November 3.
- Their activity was limited to one area of the College and they were following all the appropriate safety protocols.
- Everyone connected to each case has been contacted by the College. They have all been advised to self-monitor, and have been instructed to contact the Health Centre should their condition change.
- Cleaning and disinfection protocols have been implemented. Deep cleaning has occurred in the affected spaces. As an added precaution, the surrounding entrances, hallways, stairwells, lockers and washrooms have been cleaned and disinfected as well.
If you have not heard from the College, you are not connected to this case. The Notre Dame Campus remains open and no other programs or services are impacted. We will continue to work with Public Health in support of their ongoing investigation.
As a reminder please continue to follow public health advice at all times, including: stay home if you’re sick, self-isolate if you or any of your family are symptomatic and waiting for test results, wear a mask in public places (and on all RRC campuses), practice good hand hygiene, cough etiquette, physical distancing, and reduce your contact with those outside of your immediate household.
As part of our protocol if you or someone in your household is experiencing symptoms you must do the following:
- Go home immediately, or remain at home.
- Contact the RRC Health Centre at 204-632-2238 to be assessed by one of our nurses.
- Follow the direction given and steps that you need to take. Our Health Centre will provide follow-up support as-needed to anyone impacted.
- Contact the Health Centre prior to returning to campus.
I want to commend the College community for continuing to follow the health and safety measures we have in place and stress the importance of remaining committed to these important fundamentals. We cannot become complacent when it comes to safety, and we must continue to hold each other accountable in order to protect one another.
Updates, if required, will be provided via email and will be shared online at rrc.ca/coronavirus