To all Red River College staff and students,
As we welcome back more students and staff, I want share with the College community what you can expect in the event we are notified by Public Health that a student, employee or visitor to one of our campuses has a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis.
- As soon as we are notified, the College will contact anyone who shared a space with the person who received the COVID diagnosis to advise them on steps they need to take, which may include using the self-screening tool, testing, and/or self-isolating. These steps will be guided by Public Health. Confidentiality will be maintained in accordance with the Personal Health Information Act (PHIA).
- The College community will be notified immediately about the exposure along with any impacts to the delivery of programs and services. This information will include the specific campus and building if applicable. The College will provide regular updates via email and through our website regarding our response.
- A cleaning crew will immediately close and disinfect any impacted spaces. Those spaces will remain closed for 24 to 48 hours, based on guidance from Public Health. If the situation permits, we will provide an alternate learning or working space until the regular space is ready to be occupied again.
- The College will provide Manitoba Public Health with as much information as we can to help with their investigation – for example, class contact lists, sign-in sheets and schedules. The appropriate workplace safety and health committees will also be advised.
- A representative from Manitoba Public Health will contact anyone they identify as a close contact to this case to request more information, or provide additional recommendations for your safety.
- If necessary, and following the advice or directives of public health authorities, we will close additional areas, buildings or campuses.
RRC Safety and Health Services has worked closely with Manitoba Public Health to develop our response plans. As the situation surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak continues to evolve, we will communicate any information vital to the health and safety of all members of our College community via RRC email, emergency notification, our website, and our social media channels.
Our campuses do have stringent measures in place to ensure physical distancing and proper hand hygiene for everyone onsite. Please remember to follow campus access guidelines and wear a mask if you’re on campus. Stay (or go) home if you feel ill. Call our Health Centre at 204-632-2238 if you’re concerned about symptoms or have even the slightest question about whether you should be on campus.
Chief Human Resource Officer