Like many things at RRC this upcoming academic year, the way we purchase food and drinks on campus will look very different from what we’re used to. As of September 1, there will be no Food Services available on campus.
Food Services will likely be back on campus as more and more staff and students return — however, as with many things in the time of COVID-19, we cannot guarantee when this will happen.
Local food delivery is active on campus, and staff and students are welcome to order lunch. Otherwise, all those who return to campus this fall will need to bring their own food and beverages (including coffee/tea) or pick up from nearby restaurants while on break.
Snack and drink vending machines have been refilled. We ask you to please sanitize hands before and after using machines. Microwaves will be available in accessible spaces, though you are required to sanitize hands before and after use as well.
At the Roblin Centre, Tim Horton’s will not be open. There are a number of very good alternatives just a short walk from campus, including the Culinary Exchange at PGI. It is currently open Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m, and hours will return to 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. beginning September 1. There will be restrictions in place to ensure public health and safety. We ask that you observe the following guidelines when attending:
- Masks will be mandatory for all guests as of August 31. Guests not wearing masks will be refused entry.
- Maintain safe distance of six feet (two meters) between customers.
- Credit and Debit payments only. No cash payment.
- Please sanitize hands and avoid contact with surfaces and products as much as possible.
- No outside food or beverage containers will be allowed.
- Take-out coffee cups will be provided upon entry, if requested.
We are open to your questions and suggestions throughout this process. Please feel free to get in touch with Todd Buchanan at firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback.