Today’s breaking news and stories.
- Parking fees for RRC staff have been suspended effective immediately.
- Expense guidelines are now available for RRC staff who seek reimbursement for expenses incurred while working from home.
- RRC Library’s online chat and email service will unavailable April 10-13 due to Easter long weekend. For a full schedule of upcoming hours, visit library.rrc.ca.
- The Government of Canada has launched a new COVID-19 Support App, connecting you with the latest updates and trusted resources. It features a tool that helps you self-assess your symptoms.
- The Province of Manitoba announced yesterday that it is suspending repayment of Manitoba Student Aid loans for six months to reduce the financial burden on post-secondary students during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Ahead of the upcoming long weekend, the Province reminds Manitobans to stay home and practice stringent social distancing if they can — and this includes at family gatherings.
- Public health authorities recommend remaining within or close to your home community, and limiting travel, even within Manitoba, to essential trips only.
Any person concerned about their exposure to or risk of having COVID-19 should call Health Links–Info Santé at 204-788-8200 or (toll-free) at 1-888-315-9257 to be screened to see if a test is required.
For more information and to access the Province of Manitoba’s online screening tool for COVID-19, visit www.manitoba.ca/covid19.
Dr. Christine Watson, our interim President and CEO, hosts a regular video series where she shares a behind-the-scenes look at what she’s up to on campus.
Game On: It’s hard to teach a carpenter how to frame a wall online, but we’re making it work. Hear how an instructor is incorporating hands-on learning for students as he teaches apprenticeship carpentry from his home in rural Manitoba. Watch to the end for a special surprise that may or may not feature a pinball machine or two.