Today’s breaking news and stories.
Public health authorities continue to make the following recommendations:
- Follow strict social distancing guidelines:
- Stay home as much as possible
- If you must go out, stay two arm-lengths away from others
- Other social distancing tips
- Limit public gatherings to no more than 10 people at any indoor or outdoor place or premises, including places of worship, gatherings and family events such as weddings and funerals.
- Remain within or close to your home community. Limit travel, even within Manitoba, to essential trips only.
Any person concerned about their exposure to or risk of having COVID-19 should call Health Links–Info Santé at 204-788-8200 or (toll-free) at 1-888-315-9257 to be screened to see if a test is required.
For more information and to access the Province of Manitoba’s online screening tool for COVID-19, visit www.manitoba.ca/covid19.
Update: Locker and Campus Access
Students are allowed to continue to come to the Notre Dame and Exchange District campuses to clean out their lockers, and retrieve any personal items they may still have at the College. Students can attend between 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. Once your belongings have been retrieved, and your locker is cleaned out, students must leave the campus immediately. Please leave the locker and lock open when you leave.
If you have a locker that is expiring but are not comfortable coming to the College at this time, your belongings will remain in the locker. Once restrictions are lifted you will be able to retrieve your belongings.
Students in trades programs who need to pick up tools, PPE, and other personal effects from shops and labs should email their instructor or coordinator to organize a pick-up time.
More information about accessing our all of our campuses, along with information to advise RRC Security when you’ve arrived on-campus, can be found here.
Academic Success Centre launches student blog
Beginning this week, ACS will begin posting daily entries to help you get the most out of online learning while sustaining your mental health. Stay tuned for the first blog post tomorrow: How Can I Manage my Time Better?
Red River College alumni are tapping into the RRC spirit of innovation, flexibility, and problem-solving, and we are proud of the creative and kind solutions so many of you have implemented to help out our community during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Wellness activities for the week
Brought to you by RRC Recreation Services.
- Monday: Join the meditation session at 2 pm.
- Tuesday: Send us the song to include in our Spring Cleaning Playlist and win a prize! Email email@example.com or connect via Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
- Wednesday: Text, email or call a friend, family member, student, classmate or staff, and ask them how they’re doing. We are all feeling isolated and disconnected, and a check-in can mean a world of difference.
- Thursday: Sign up to take part in Potato App Activities for your chance to win great prizes.
- Friday: Join us for live yoga on our Facebook page from 12:30 to 12:50.