orange iconOperational Response Level: Restricted ›
Person washing hands

Coronavirus Information

Operations update from Dr. Christine Watson

March 18, 2020

Addressing the challenges arising from COVID-19 and the rapid pace of changing information coming at us has been unlike anything I have ever been a part of in my career. And I imagine it is the same for all of you. These are unprecedented times.

Which is why we are taking an unprecedented step today to move to alternative delivery models for our programs and services starting next week. There is more information in the attached news release that will go out to media shortly.

This is not an easy undertaking – it would be a huge job in normal times, never mind doing this in a time of great disruption and personal stress. I cannot begin to tell you how impressed I am by the hard work being done by College faculty and staff to help us to continue to operate and ensure academic continuity for students. I simply cannot thank you enough.

I know today’s announcement will bring even more questions – we will be following up with additional information. Please work directly with your department and supervisor to implement this transition. We understand the plans will look differently from program to program and department to department. Together, we will make this work to the best of our abilities in very challenging circumstances.

We are continually updating material for faculty, staff and students and using communications tools like Staff/Student News and the RRC website. Information is changing rapidly and our website will be updated as often as required so please check it out regularly.

Our FAQs are also being updated continually so please review them on our website – the answer to your question may already be posted there as our communications and safety staff have answered hundreds of questions over the past few days. Additional questions can be sent to Safety@RRC.ca – and we will answer those as quickly as possible.

Be careful and safe everyone, and thank you for your continued support of the College, our students and each other during this difficult time.

Christine