Degrees of Reading Power
Degrees of Reading Power, or the DRP, is a pre-application requirement for the following programs: Allied Health Sciences, Health Care Aide, Library and Information Technology, and Nursing.
The DRP is a reading comprehension test that assesses your ability to read at a college level.
Details on the test:
- It is a test that determines how well you understand what you’re reading.
- There are 70 multiple choice questions.
- As you work through the test, the passages become more challenging.
- Consider reviewing these examples.
- It is an untimed test, that is, you will have as much time as you need to write the test. On average, the DRP takes approximately two hours to complete.
Reading/Writing Information Session & Workshop
Our in-person information sessions/workshops currently remain on hold. When we are able to resume these workshops, we will update the information on this website.
In the meantime, interested applicants can review the videos found at the links below for some tips on how to approach and prepare for the DRP.
Please contact Assessment Services at 204.632.2458 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Reading for Context – Part 1
Reading for Context – Part 2