Degrees of Reading Power
Degrees of Reading Power, or the DRP, is a pre-application requirement for the following programs: Allied Health Sciences, Health Care Aide, Library and Information Technology, and Nursing.
The DRP is a reading comprehension test that assesses your ability to read at a college level.
- It is a test that determines how well you understand what you’re reading.
- As you work through the test, the passages become more challenging.
- Consider reviewing these examples.
- It is an untimed multiple-choice test. You will have as much time as you need to write the test. On average, the DRP takes approximately two hours to complete.
Our in-person information sessions/workshops currently remain on hold. When we resume these workshops, we will update the information on this website.
In the meantime, interested applicants can:
- Review the video tutorials by an ASC tutor at the links below for some tips on how to approach and prepare for the DRP.
- Register for and attend online drop-in sessions with an ASC tutor
- Reading for Context – Part 1
- Reading for Context – Part 2
- DRP Hints and Tips
- DRP Online Tools Tutorial – This workshop gives an overview of how to use the online DRP’s built-in tools for applicants who choose to take the DRP online.
Online Drop-in Sessions with an ASC Tutor
Interested applicants are welcome to attend a free live online drop-in session with an ASC tutor to learn more about the DRP prior to writing the test. Please see the registration form below to choose a date you are interested in.
Please contact Assessment Services at 204-632-2458 or email@example.com if you have any questions.