Degrees of Reading Power
Degrees of Reading Power, or the DRP, is a pre-application requirement for the following programs: Allied Health Sciences, Health Care Aide, Library and Information Technology, and Nursing.
The DRP is a reading comprehension test that assesses your ability to read at a college level.
Details on the test:
- It is a test that determines how well you understand what you’re reading.
- There are 70 multiple choice questions.
- As you work through the test, the passages become more challenging.
- Consider reviewing these examples.
- It is an untimed test, that is, you will have as much time as you need to write the test. On average, the DRP takes approximately two hours to complete.
Reading/Writing Information Session & Workshop:
Interested applicants are welcome to attend an information session/workshop to learn more about the DRP prior to writing the test. Workshops are generally held mid-month on a Wednesday evening, starting at 6 p.m. and running for approximately 2 hours. The workshop is free to attend.
For more information about workshop dates, or to register for a session, please contact Assessment Services at 204.632.2458 or firstname.lastname@example.org.