Degrees of Reading Power, or the DRP, is for first English language speakers, i.e. people who learned to speak English at home as a child, were educated in English and now live and work in English.
Details on the test:
- It is a test that determines how well you understand what you’re reading.
- There are 70 multiple choice questions.
- As you work through the test, the passages become more challenging.
- Consider reviewing these examples.
- It is an untimed test, that is, you will have as much time as you need to write the test. On average, the test takes approximately two hours to complete.
Logistics of the test:
- The test is given at RRC’s Notre Dame Campus (2055 Notre Dame Ave.) Building D, Room
- It costs $46 to write the test.
- On the day of your test, bring your photo ID and a receipt from Red River College for $46.
- Pencils and the answer sheet will be supplied the day of the test.
- Consider registering for an Information Session on this test before you write it.
- Arrangements may be made to write your DRP if you live more than 100kms from Winnipeg.
Please register for the Degrees of Reading Power (DRP) test on the RRC.
After the test is done:
- The results of the DRP are sent out by mail by Assessment Services.
- If you’re not successful, you can retake the test after six months. However, you must attend an Information Session before you retake the test.
- The test can be rewritten up to the three times and it is $46 every time that you rewrite it.
To register for an information session, please call 204.632.2458.