Academic Communications Assessment
The Academic Communication Assessment for Allied Health Sciences Programs tests your ability to read at a college level. The test includes two parts:
1. A reading comprehension test, called Degrees of Reading Power (DRP). Details on this section of the assessment:
- It is a test that determines how well you understand what you’re reading.
- There are 70 multiple choice questions.
- As you work through the test, the passages become more challenging.
- It is an untimed test, that is, you will have as much time as you need to write the test. On average, the test takes approximately two hours to complete.
- Consider reviewing these examples.
2. A charting task. Details on this section of the assessment:
- It tests your ability to extract information presented in a chart.
- It includes a test of your ability to skim and scan for detail, and to summarize the meaning of the reading selection.
- You will have 20 minutes to complete this task.
Logistics of the test:
- The test is given at RRC’s Notre Dame Campus (2055 Notre Dame Ave.) Building D, Room
- It costs $46 to write the test.
- On the day of your test, bring your photo ID and a receipt from Red River College for $46.
- Pencils and the answer sheet will be supplied the day of the test.
If you are applying for an Allied Health Sciences program, you can register for any DRP testing session.