Is English your second or additional language? RRC EAL tutors can help you succeed in your program.
How can EAL tutors help?
- use your program material and assignments in the tutoring session,
- help you understand your assignment instructions and work more quickly and efficiently,
- are trained EAL teachers who work one on one with you,
- help you find your errors yourself, and
- show you strategies to prevent future errors.
What can you ask your tutor to help you with?
- Planning enough time to finish all your assignments and still have time to study for your tests
- Reading and taking notes more quickly and efficiently
- Vocabulary and pronunciation: learning to use program-specific vocabulary correctly
- Participating in class: Asking questions correctly, and answering them effectively
- Presentations: Organizing your ideas and expressing them clearly
- Group work: Preventing and solving problems in small group work
- Writing: Organizing your ideas and expressing them clearly and correctly
How can I request an EAL tutor?
Complete the Tutor Request Form
You can also contact an EAL Specialist:
Phone: 204.631.3472 NDC
Phone: 204-631-3472 NDC
Or drop into the Academic Success Centre:
Notre Dame Campus
Exchange District Campus