Applied research and funding opportunities will be posted here as they become available. Please contact us if you are interested in applying for any of these opportunities or with one you have identified yourself. We will be glad to assist with the preparation of any and all grant or fund applications.
Do you think your research has commercial potential? If so, please read over the Invention Disclosure Form, and make an appointment to see us to discuss your invention. You do not have to fill out the Invention Disclosure Form prior to meeting with Applied Research, however, you should be prepared to answer the questions, as they will be asked during your disclosure meeting.
Check out the Applied Research flowchart for an explanation of the Applied Research commercialization process.
Applied Research has developed a Researcher’s Guide. It can be downloaded as a pdf file, either with the appended policies, or without.
- AR&C Researcher Guide – Abridged Draft 2015
- CIHR Institute of Genetics Guidebook for New Principal Investigators
Policies and Procedures
Red River College has developed a series of policies and procedures that apply to several research areas. Those that are directed at research are (click on the policy name to download that policy as a pdf file):
- Intellectual Property and Copyright
- Research Involving Human Subjects
- Integrity in Research and Scholarship
- Animal Care and Research
- Conflict of Interest in Research
- Student Rights in the Conduct of Research
- Research in the Yukon, North West Territories, and Nunavut
- Research Involving Biohazards and Radioactive Materials
- Applied Research Administration
- Approval to Forward an Application for Research Funds to an External Sponsor
- Recovery Costs of Research