Academic Advising for Programs
Program Advisors provide advising supports to student involved in programs where students are self-registering in Student Planning.
The Program Advisors are here to advise, educate, and support you in making informed decisions related to your academic goals. Our Advisors will assist and support you with creating your course plans and schedule in Student Planning to get the most of your RRC Polytech experience.
Advisors will provide you with online Self-Registration Sessions. These sessions will teach you how to navigate the Student Planning software so you can plan and register for courses successfully.
Please see the table below for upcoming session dates.
|Date and Time||Registration|
|Monday, November 7 at 7:00pm||Register >|
|Wednesday, November 9 at 5:30pm||Register >|
|Tuesday, November 15 at 7:00pm||Register >|
|Thursday, November 17 at 6:00pm||Register >|
|Wednesday, November 23 at 6:00pm||Register >|
|Tuesday, December 20 at 7:00pm||Register >|
Schedule an Appointment
It’s easy to schedule an appointment with an advisor! Simply fill out our online intake form and someone will be in touch within three business days to answer your questions or to schedule an appointment. We’re available Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 4 pm.
Our office hours are Wednesday from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm at both the Notre Dame Campus and the Exchange District Campus.
Students can drop-in and meet with a Program Advisor, no appointment necessary. However, if you think your inquiry will take longer than 20 minutes, we recommend that you make an appointment.
These meetings can include adding, dropping, or withdrawing from a course, reviewing academic progress, creating an academic plan, or referral to other services and supports.
How to Contact Program Advisors in Student Planning
To contact a Program Advisor:
- Go into Student Planning
- Go to the Plan and Schedule page
- Visit the Advising tab
- You’ll see an email icon which will allow you to send an email to the Advising Office or to a specific advisor.
You should include your name, student number as well as your program and let them know the help that you need. They will then contact you within 24-48 hours.
- Watch your academic email to keep up to date with all communications that are sent to you including self-registration dates and times.
- You should plan your courses in advance, then register. You will receive an email providing you with a specific date/time to register for your courses.
- Take advantage of the Student Planning sessions that will be offered as well as the resources that are available on the website.
- Keep track of important dates and deadlines.
- Take advantage of all relevant resources that are available to you.
Program Advisor Responsibilities
- The Program Advisor will provide Student Planning sessions to provide suggestions and advice on how to use Student Planning to self-register.
- They will provide assistance to students in course-based registration programs to help them make informed academic plans and decisions.
- Provide information on policies, procedures and requirements.
- Connect student to relevant campus resources.