TEC is an innovative program that offers hands-on technology activities and demonstrations for girls and boys entering Grade 6 or 7 in September 2018.
What do we offer?
- Fun, hands-on technology-based activities and educational demonstrations
- Seamless learning in a safe and entertaining atmosphere
- Positive female role models for young women and men
- Curriculum-based content in engineering technology-related disciplines
We want to help young people prepare for future success.
Red River College’s Technology Exploration Camps are designed to give middle school students a real taste of various engineering technology-related disciplines.
The TEC experience is an excellent way for young people to obtain valuable future career information, while discovering new and exciting ways to apply their science and mathematics skills. Participants enjoy seamless learning in a safe and entertaining atmosphere.
We know that women can succeed in technology, too.
Technology careers are equally suited to both women and men. We’re working to strengthen the perception that girls can succeed in math and science-related disciplines as well as boys. TEC employs both female and male instructors to act as positive role models and to demonstrate that technology careers are not gender exclusive.
We understand that each camper has differing interests.
TEC@RRC offers two five-day camp modules. Each week contains similar activities and allows the opportunity to explore three different disciplines: civil, electrical and mechanical engineering.
- Build a working model of a medieval catapult and learn about mechanical engineering
- Build a hydraulic lifter
- Build your own bridge, load it up and learn about structural engineering
- Build a town model and learn about municipal engineering
- Have fun with static electricity
- Experiment with electricity and magnetism
- Learn electrical theory and safety
- Learn to read schematics and build circuits
- Build and program a robot
General Camp Details
- Camps will run from July 3-6 and July 9-13
- Camps will run from 9:00am to 3:30pm each day at RRC’s Notre Dame Campus
- This is a day camp only – no overnight accommodation is provided
- There is a Health Centre located on campus
- Camp costs $189 plus GST (July 3-6) and $236 plus GST (July 9-13)
- Weekly fee includes t-shirt, all project supplies, lunch, beverages and snacks