Cooperative Education Hire A Student
Cooperative Education Manitoba Co-op Student of the Year Award
All certificate and diploma programs at Red River College which are designated as co-operative education programs will comply with the following definition of a co-operative education program. This definition is based upon the by-laws of the Canadian Association for Co-operative Education (CAFCE).
Co-operative Education Program means a program which formally integrates a student’s academic studies with work experience in co operative education employer organizations. The plan is for the student to alternate periods of experience in appropriate fields of business, industry, government, social services and the professions in accordance with the following criteria:
- each work placement is developed and/or approved by the College as a suitable learning situation;
- the co-operative education student is engaged in productive work rather than merely observing;
- the co-operative education student receives remuneration for the work performed;
- the co-operative education student’s progress on the job is monitored by the College;
- the co-operative education student’s performance on the job is supervised and evaluated by the student’s co-operative education employer;
- the total co-operative education work experience is usually not less thirty percent of the time spent in academic study.
Co-operative education plays an integral role in Red River College’s mission of providing high-quality educational and training opportunities. Co-operative education at Red River College is delivered through a decentralized system in order to reflect the unique situation of each department and ensure relevance to the industry served by the program.
Key Benefits for Employers:
- fills your short-term needs economically
- frees your employees for higher priority work
- provides you with productive workers during peak times
- reduces your recruitment and training costs
- helps you get those "special projects" done
- gives you continuous feedback into college curricula
- helps train your future workforce
Key Benefits for Students:
- provides you an opportunity to apply knowledge in a work setting
- helps you clarify your career direction
- assists in developing your confidence in your skills and abilities